John A. has several different plugins designed specifically for ClassicPress. He is a very active member of the ClassicPress community. We talk a bit about his plugins and upcoming projects, why he decided to get in to the community, and the future of WordPress and ClassicPress.
Today’s interview is with Michael Nelson from Print My Blog Plugin
The plugin is very self explanatory. It creates a single print-friendly page containing every post on your blog, which can then be saved as a PDF or printed. Listen to the episode to find out why he started it, the advantages, how it works, and more. We also discuss the future accessibility of current information.
Today’s interview is with Ivan Guigni of Stockdio.com
Their stock ticker plugin was reviewed in Episode 406.
The plugin reviewed is a stock ticker plugin but they have 5 different plugins. The plugins are very easy to install and customize and available in multiple languages.
We also discuss their pricing and other plugins.
Today’s interview is with Shakhawat Sultan from RexTheme, who have created a 360 degree virtual tour plugin.
This is the second interview with RexTheme, the last one was Interview 24. Their plugins have also been reviewed by us previously.
The WP VR plugin creates a virtual tour using 360 degree panoramic photo. It’s a much cheaper and more flexible alternative to making videos or hiring a camera crew. WP VR is designed for realtors to showcase homes, but it is also useful for hotel owners, theme parks, museums, etc.
You can use the plugin in both the Gutenberg editor and the classic WordPress editor.
Basic features include clickable info hot spots, buttons to take you to another room/place, and Gutenberg block support.
Premium also includes customizable hot spot buttons, an on-screen compass, unlimited scenes, and more.
We also talk about some of their other plugins and upcoming projects.
The free and premium versions of WP VR are available on their website, rextheme.com/wpvr/.
YouTube tutorials – RexTheme
Find them on Facebook – facebook.com/RexTheme/
Follow their twitter – @rexthemeltd
Today’s interview is with Sean Conklin from CodedCommerce.
We previously reviewed some plugins Sean has worked on. For example: Benchmark Email Lite, all the way back in Episode 73!
For the last 2.5 yrs he’s been focusing on sites powered with WooCommerce. What makes WooCommerce great is it lets you customize, manage costs, and choose vendors much easier.
There’s also a ton of plugins if the basic settings/options aren’t enough. These range from WooCommerce official extensions that WooCommerce.com “sells” (A subscription that entitles you to 1 year of updates and support from the date of purchase) to Premium 3rd party plugins, and then there’s usually freemium ones on WP.org
Usually Sean helps with upgrading, infrastructure, and back-end.
In this interview he also discusses CRM and some wisdom about WooCommerce.
He writes code snippets to edit things that are company-specific or not working quite right. He uses the Code Snippets plugin, which is officially recommended by WooComerce!
Contact Sean at his website, CodedCommerce.com!
Today’s interview is with Troy Dean from WPElevation focusing on their plugin, White Label CMS.
We reviewed this plugin in Episode 389 of the WPPluginsAtoZ show.
This plugin was built so you can rebrand and remove most stuff your clients don’t need to see on the WordPress dashboard. It is not a CMS of its own.
- Different profiles offer varying access to fit the different types of sites your client may have
- Granular access
- By default, clients don’t have admin access
- Give them access to parts inside menu
- Remove panels from dashboard and add your own
- Uses raw HTML, so you can put in basically anything
- For example: a video panel, Google analytics, RSS feeds, etc.
- Works well in combination with Video User Manuals plugin
- Over 80 videos covering several topics. New and updated videos come out often.
- Replace the whole dashboard with a custom landing page
Find out more at-
Today’s interview show is with Gulam Hemani from PieRegister.
This plugin was reviewed in Episode 384 of WPPluginsAtoZ.
PieRegister is a plugin for creating registration forms.
PieRegister Pro offers perpetual licensing – purchase once for the number of sites you need (1, 5 or 10) and use forever.
The free and premium comparison can be found at PieRegister.com/plan-and-pricing/
- Drag and Drop editor
- Role Based Redirection
- Conditional logic
- Invitation codes
- You can restrict access by creating a set of invite codes then sending them to the people you want to register
- Payment integration
- PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net
- Security features
- Two Step authentication
- Time-Based submission filter
- IP blocking
- integration with Mailchimp
This plugin also includes themes for the forms to make them fit in with your website better.
Find more info, download, or purchase at PieRegister.com
This plugin is for productivity. It embeds a kanban board into WP Admin to do project management, tracking, editorial calendars, and more.
What’s better about it compared to other services?
The original kanban board was invented by a Toyota employee. Kanban for WP turns this board in to a digital version. Unlike to-do lists, there are multiple columns with headers. These headers are “Ready,” “In Progress,” and “Done” by default.
Corey calls it “Project management times 10”
You can also track leads by renaming the headers– contacted, contract out, contract signed, etc. The boards are fairly customizable.
Kanban for WP is easy to set up.
The free version has a few limitations. It’s a pretty simple version. You only get 1 board. This is still great for individuals or small teams.
The pro version features multiple boards, advanced user management, task comments, and more. It’s great for bigger teams.
Reasons people like it:
- Convenience! Everything is right in the WP admin dashboard.
- Built in, meaning it’s private and safe.
- New people can grasp it pretty quickly.
- The overall status can be seen at a glance
Gelform offers many plugins. Kanban for WP is their primary. Some of their other plugins include Scheduled Tweets (reviewed in Episode 380 of WP A to Z), and other assorted smaller plugins. Find more about Kanban for WP Pro here, and their other plugins here.
WP Compress offers multiple compression modes, secure cloud backups, image resizing and more to slash your image file sizes and speed up your website. Compress and optimize images to shrink file size, improve load times and boost page speed scores in just one click.
Since the beta in October, several things have improved based on user feedback. They have improved speeds, added automation, and made some general improvements. There are three optimization levels: Lossless (which keeps as much quality as possible), Ultra (which makes files as small as possible) and Intelligent (which tries to find a middle ground)
What makes it different:
- Ease of use
- To install: sign up, download, and enter api.
- Typically no more than 3-5 settings.
- Automation settings to make life easier
- Other compression sites charge much more. WP Compress starts at $5/mo and goes up to $15/mo.
- Compresses images at a set time (or times) daily, instead of compressing on upload which can interrupt you.
- Resizing of larger images (default setting resizes any large images to 2048 pixels or less, can be set lower)
- prevents over-compression of images, has unlimited (no time limit)restore function and backups
- Nearly everything is one-click (bulk, individual, restore, bulk restore, settings)
- Backups are saved securely in cloud in case you want to restore the images
Use the code “a2z” to receive 5,000 credits to test with! Download at wpcompress.com
Advantages of choosing this plugin:
- Does not default to using Google Maps. This plugin has two map modes, Google Maps or Open Street maps. It is designed to look the same in both.
- Some other plugins are not responsive
- It is designed to look better than similar plugins.
- Easy to use for people at all skill levels
- You can have many agents managing their profiles and listings
About Ramiz: he’s worked on plugins for last 5 years, and is currently working on his Bachelor of Computer Science degree. He has 20+ Free Plugins and 15+ Premium WordPress Plugins.
Main features (as listed on their site, webcodingplace.com):
- Support for both Google Maps and Open Street Maps
- Responsive design- Touch enabled Gallery Slider is available for mobile devices.
- Mortgage calculator widget
- Front end management- Agents can create and edit properties from the frontend. They can also manage their profiles and listings without accessing the dashboard.
- Very easy to customize
You can find Rameez’s work at:
We are a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Our sites also contain advertising and additional affiliate links which when clicked on allow us to earn a commission on your purchase.