The weekly podcast that covers an assortment of plugins from WordPress
It’s Episode 385 of WordPress Plugins A to Z and I’ve got plugins for Personalizing WooCommerce, Creating Videos on your site, Publishing Google & Facebook reviews and Gravity Forms Fields. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
Adrian set out to democratize part of the internet back in June. He has 5-10 years of digital marketing experience. The traditional software they used for email marketing was all outside WordPress, and very frustrating. He built this plugin because other platforms were very uncontrollable, unreliable, and not user friendly.
How does this make it easier for people with WordPress to do their marketing (landing pages, funnels etc)?
This plugin is Drag and Drop. It’s built with the WordPress UI in mind and is very similar to Gutenberg.
The pride and joy is the automated funnel builder! It’s in two parts:
- Benchmarks, which are anything someone might do on the site. It’s an expansive list, from filling out forms to purchasing products and more.
- Actions, which do something to a contact, e.g. send an email, send a notification
You can order benchmarks and actions however you like.
For example, the user fills out form including their email. From there, an action would be to send a confirmation email. They confirm, which is another benchmark. Automatically an account is created. The user receives an email telling them an account was created and tells them to log in. They log in, which could send an admin notification. From the notification, you can then create a custom reward! All this is just from dragging actions and benchmarks.
There are plans to incorporate certain membership plugins as add-ons. (Leave suggestions for extensions for their plugins at their website here.)
By default whenever a user is created, a contact is created. User modification counts as a benchmark, for example, upgrading someone from Free to Pro.
Much easier to pick up than other services, partly thanks to the one-click install.
This plugin is for marketers, but it’s designed to not be a daunting task for non-marketers. There are several pre-installed templates and funnels. Webinar registration, Abandoned Cart sequence, a campaign for getting users/customers back, Email preferences, and more on the way. These are the basic funnels with the FREE plugin.
Groundhogg also offers an the Groundhogg Email Delivery Service, which is pay-as-you-go. Buy credits, then send emails for 1 credit per. Unused credits stay in the credit bank.
It’s Episode 383 and we’ve got plugins for SEO Analysis, Rebuilding Thumbnails, Displaying all image sizes and Hiding Content. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
It’s Episode 382 and I’ve got plugins for Bulk Editing Events, Handling the REST XML-RPC API, Site Health Check and Troubleshooting, and Free WordPress Support. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
Their website features three of his plugins:
- Minimum Featured Image Size. Sometimes other site users upload tiny images, which causes them to display incorrectly or at low quality. This plugin forces them to upload properly sized images. It also works for custom posts, including WooCommerce galleries. Your images need to meet both the width and height requirement. If your image fails to meet these, the publish button is disabled and a warning message will be displayed.
- WooHoo Lite, WooCommerce. Martin created this so clients could customize the WooCommerce site on their own, bypassing the need for a developer to help customize the design. Many things can be changed, e.g. categories, tags, breadcrumbs, pictures, etc. Pro lets you customize emails and admin notifications, also shipping price dependent on quantity. It puts all customization in one spot instead of all over back end coding. Bypasses needing a developer for customizing.
- Visual Sitemap. This plugin lets you choose what pages are shown on the sitemap, each page’s icon and colours. The style sheets can also be edited. The icons used are from Font Awesome.
Find his work at CorgDesign.com.
WP Compress offers multiple compression modes, secure cloud backups, image resizing and more to slash your image file sizes and speed up your website. Compress and optimize images to shrink file size, improve load times and boost page speed scores in just one click.
Since the beta in October, several things have improved based on user feedback. They have improved speeds, added automation, and made some general improvements. There are three optimization levels: Lossless (which keeps as much quality as possible), Ultra (which makes files as small as possible) and Intelligent (which tries to find a middle ground)
What makes it different:
- Ease of use
- To install: sign up, download, and enter api.
- Typically no more than 3-5 settings.
- Automation settings to make life easier
- Other compression sites charge much more. WP Compress starts at $5/mo and goes up to $15/mo.
- Compresses images at a set time (or times) daily, instead of compressing on upload which can interrupt you.
- Resizing of larger images (default setting resizes any large images to 2048 pixels or less, can be set lower)
- prevents over-compression of images, has unlimited (no time limit)restore function and backups
- Nearly everything is one-click (bulk, individual, restore, bulk restore, settings)
- Backups are saved securely in cloud in case you want to restore the images
Use the code “a2z” to receive 5,000 credits to test with! Download at wpcompress.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Our sites also contain advertising and additional affiliate links which when clicked on allow us to earn a commission on your purchase.