It’s Episode 382 and I’ve got plugins for Bulk Editing Events, Handling the REST XML-RPC API, Site Health Check and Troubleshooting, and Free WordPress Support. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
This plugin is for productivity. It embeds a kanban board into WP Admin to do project management, tracking, editorial calendars, and more.
What’s better about it compared to other services?
The original kanban board was invented by a Toyota employee. Kanban for WP turns this board in to a digital version. Unlike to-do lists, there are multiple columns with headers. These headers are “Ready,” “In Progress,” and “Done” by default.
Corey calls it “Project management times 10”
You can also track leads by renaming the headers– contacted, contract out, contract signed, etc. The boards are fairly customizable.
Kanban for WP is easy to set up.
The free version has a few limitations. It’s a pretty simple version. You only get 1 board. This is still great for individuals or small teams.
The pro version features multiple boards, advanced user management, task comments, and more. It’s great for bigger teams.
Reasons people like it:
- Convenience! Everything is right in the WP admin dashboard.
- Built in, meaning it’s private and safe.
- New people can grasp it pretty quickly.
- The overall status can be seen at a glance
Gelform offers many plugins. Kanban for WP is their primary. Some of their other plugins include Scheduled Tweets (reviewed in Episode 380 of WP A to Z), and other assorted smaller plugins. Find more about Kanban for WP Pro here, and their other plugins here.
Today’s interview is with Alex Demchak from Third River Marketing. His plugin is Content Mask, which Marcus reviewed in Episode 340.
This plugin allows you to embed nearly* any external content on to your own WordPress pages or posts. The end result is fairly similar to setting up a Domain Mask, but the content is embedded into the front end of your website and is fully contained inside your WordPress permalink ecosystem.
Very useful for landing pages or adding content the current theme doesn’t allow.
- Easy to use 2-Step UI
- You don’t need to set up domain masking
- Content is embedded in to your website
*You need to have a license to use the content. You can 301 redirect to it if you’re not allowed to embed or download the content.
Their website features three of his plugins:
- Minimum Featured Image Size. Sometimes other site users upload tiny images, which causes them to display incorrectly or at low quality. This plugin forces them to upload properly sized images. It also works for custom posts, including WooCommerce galleries. Your images need to meet both the width and height requirement. If your image fails to meet these, the publish button is disabled and a warning message will be displayed.
- WooHoo Lite, WooCommerce. Martin created this so clients could customize the WooCommerce site on their own, bypassing the need for a developer to help customize the design. Many things can be changed, e.g. categories, tags, breadcrumbs, pictures, etc. Pro lets you customize emails and admin notifications, also shipping price dependent on quantity. It puts all customization in one spot instead of all over back end coding. Bypasses needing a developer for customizing.
- Visual Sitemap. This plugin lets you choose what pages are shown on the sitemap, each page’s icon and colours. The style sheets can also be edited. The icons used are from Font Awesome.
Find his work at CorgDesign.com.
This plugin is for e-commerce store owners on multiple platforms looking to make more revenue by expanding. It generates a product feed to be used with all of your e-commerce stores so you only have to update information once, which is a huge time saver. You can install the plugin to the site where your items are and use the product feed to add it to any other marketplace you use (Google Shopping, eBay, etc). If you were to change everything manually, without the product feed, you would have to add it in each place.
Another plugin on their site is Social Booster, which re-shares your WordPress posts to other social medias.
Find the plugin here: https://rextheme.com/best-woocommerce-product-feed/
WP Compress offers multiple compression modes, secure cloud backups, image resizing and more to slash your image file sizes and speed up your website. Compress and optimize images to shrink file size, improve load times and boost page speed scores in just one click.
Since the beta in October, several things have improved based on user feedback. They have improved speeds, added automation, and made some general improvements. There are three optimization levels: Lossless (which keeps as much quality as possible), Ultra (which makes files as small as possible) and Intelligent (which tries to find a middle ground)
What makes it different:
- Ease of use
- To install: sign up, download, and enter api.
- Typically no more than 3-5 settings.
- Automation settings to make life easier
- Other compression sites charge much more. WP Compress starts at $5/mo and goes up to $15/mo.
- Compresses images at a set time (or times) daily, instead of compressing on upload which can interrupt you.
- Resizing of larger images (default setting resizes any large images to 2048 pixels or less, can be set lower)
- prevents over-compression of images, has unlimited (no time limit)restore function and backups
- Nearly everything is one-click (bulk, individual, restore, bulk restore, settings)
- Backups are saved securely in cloud in case you want to restore the images
Use the code “a2z” to receive 5,000 credits to test with! Download at wpcompress.com
Advantages of choosing this plugin:
- Does not default to using Google Maps. This plugin has two map modes, Google Maps or Open Street maps. It is designed to look the same in both.
- Some other plugins are not responsive
- It is designed to look better than similar plugins.
- Easy to use for people at all skill levels
- You can have many agents managing their profiles and listings
About Ramiz: he’s worked on plugins for last 5 years, and is currently working on his Bachelor of Computer Science degree. He has 20+ Free Plugins and 15+ Premium WordPress Plugins.
Main features (as listed on their site, webcodingplace.com):
- Support for both Google Maps and Open Street Maps
- Responsive design- Touch enabled Gallery Slider is available for mobile devices.
- Mortgage calculator widget
- Front end management- Agents can create and edit properties from the frontend. They can also manage their profiles and listings without accessing the dashboard.
- Very easy to customize
You can find Rameez’s work at:
We are a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Our sites also contain advertising and additional affiliate links which when clicked on allow us to earn a commission on your purchase.