[bctt tweet=””Episode 583 and we’ve got plugins for Custom Image Attributes, Media Copyright, Lucky Wheel for WooCommerce – Spin a Sale, Monitor Login, Generate Dynamic Images – Bannerbear, Dashboard Organizer… and ClassicPress options. @londonseoco @weltenrettereu @villatheme Email Downloads, Subscribe to Comments #ClassicPress #WordPress #Plugins ” username=”wppluginsatoz”]
It’s Episode 583 – We have plugins for Image Attributes, Copyright’ing, Getting Lucky, Spying Logins, Dynomite Images, Banner Bears, Organizing Dashboards… and ClassicPress options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
Get all the grisly Plugin details and full access to the complete show notes on our website WPPluginsAtoZ.com! You can follow the show on Twitter at @wppluginsatoz, and join our Facebook at WordPressPluginsA2Z for the latest in WordPress Plugin related news - some we come across in-between shows, and some we talk about on our weekly show.The WordPress Plugins A-Z Podcast can be found on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio and also on WordPress Radio. If you like what you hear on the show, we encourage you to share your enthusiasm with others that you know in the WordPress community and in social networks. Share on Twitter: [bctt tweet="WP Plugins A to Z The Only #WordPress #Plugins #Podcast " username="wppluginsatoz"] [dropshadowbox align="center" width="88%" background_color="#ffffff" border_width="3" border_color="#3a5d3b"]
Self PromotionWhile I do enjoy bringing you the show week after week, I also make my living with WordPress and related promotional services. With that, I ask for a moment of your time for some self promotion. If you find these promotions of value, please share them with friends and colleagues.
Promotions from John Overall:
Has your WordPress site broken? Do you have a question or two about its functionality? Have you recieved the white screen of death? This may be time for some Emergency WordPress Support. Contact me at WPPro.ca/help or give me a quick call at 818-850-7729.
Check Out The WP Plugins A to Z Live Show Playback
Benefits – Benefits – Benefits
Having a review done by us or having an interview helps the traffic to the developers website, as was bought to our attention recently when we did an interview and reviewed a plugin for a developer who sent us snap shots of their traffic before and after the shows. The traffic stayed, so there are great benefits to being reviewed by WP Plugins A to Z. Submit Your Plugin Here.
It’s Episode 583 and we have plugins for Image Attributes, Copyright’ing, Getting Lucky, Spying Logins, Dynomite Images, Banner Bears, Organizing Dashboards… and ClassicPress Options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
– ‘good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you happen to be hiding out there on the globe today! Coming to you LIVE from …’
Welcome to Episode 583 – Getting Lucky with WordPress Plugins – This is Episode 43 for 2022! Winter has come… it’s a gonna be a cold one for sure. Be sure to double check the little things on your vehicle like window wipers – had to pull my whole wiper setup apart to replace the bushings ’cause my bushings were so old the arms that move the wipers for you just kept popping off so although the motor was going fine, the arms couldn’t move. Little things like this – get your vehicle checked over. You’re going to wish you had when we get another dump of snow and something decides to break down on you – better safe than sorry!
ADDITION: During our live stream, one of our regular listeners mentioned something else: make sure you have a blanket in your vehicle for if your vehicle stalls. Get a good one, like a wool blanket to keep yourself warm for the ‘just in case’!
Do you have any more suggestions on this? If so, send it in and I’ll mention it on the show next week!
A Message from your AtoZ Plugin Worker Bee’s – This is a Value for Value show, meaning any value you find here, offer that same value back! We accept all currencies including time and talent currency! Chocolate is always good too…
Remember, don’t skip the end of the show – you never know what kind of amazing life altering advice you might catch! Like how to fill your site as full of spam as possible…
A special note to our New Listeners: Don’t be shy to ask your questions. No such thing as a dumb question!
…When you see this in the notes, this means we didn’t read this on the show, and that the only way to find this information out is to read our Show Notes!
…You can send any questions/suggestions or notes saying ‘hi’ over to me at email@example.com, or hit up our site wpppluginsatoz.com/contact – Be creative with the title so that the spammer eater doesn’t eat your note though!
Let’s start the show with this weeks Featured Artist:
Artist this week:
Angel Lemus — http://www.koadigital.com
We are lacking in new art, so we went digging deep into the archives – and we found THIS beauty!
Personally, I LOVE dice. I think that dice are probably the best part of DnD, pretty sure it’s what drew me in, although the game itself is what made me stay. Loving the way this is set up and how it looks – kinda neat re-using older art, gives the artists a second chance to shine as well!
Feeling Inspired? Hit up our site at https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/ and submit some artwork of your own!
…We can NEVER have too much art!
Or check out allll the artwork at: https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/
Breaking News in the WordPress World at large!!
…If I missed something, shoot me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org – it may show up on the next show!
News this week:
– WordPress Vulnerability Report – November 30, 2022 (https://ithemes.com/blog/wordpress-vulnerability-report-november-30-2022/) – There have been a lot of fixes this past week with only Popup Manager and Menu Item Visibility Control plugins to worry about. Nice short list for the week!
– WordPress Versions 3.7-4.0 no longer get security updates (https://wptavern.com/wordpress-versions-3-7-4-0-no-longer-get-security-updates) – A reminder for everyone out there using WordPress that versions 3.7-4.0 have been dropped from WordPress Support as of December 1st, so if you are running these be aware of this. Might want to take on that huge effort of moving up to a more modern version.
– Open source software host Fosshost shutting down as CEO unreachable (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/open-source-software-host-fosshost-shutting-down-as-ceo-unreachable/) – Not technically WordPress News, although this may be something people out there need to know – Open source software hosting and cloud computing provider Fosshost will no longer be providing services as it reaches the end of life. Fosshost project volunteers announced the development this weekend following months of difficulties in reaching the leadership including the CEO. Users are being urged to immediately backup their data and migrate to alternative hosting platforms. This is an abrupt and immediate shutdown, so if you or anyone you know uses Fosshost, be aware of this and get to backing up your information.
– UK publishers file €13.6 billion lawsuit against Google alleging market abuse (https://wptavern.com/uk-publishers-file-13-6-billion-lawsuit-against-google-alleging-market-abuse) – A group of 120,000 businesses publishing around 1,750,000 websites and applications in the UK have filed a lawsuit against Google and its parent company, Alphabet. The reason is: “Google abused its dominant position in the market for online advertising, earning super-profits for itself at the expense of the tends of thousands of publishers of websites and mobile apps in the UK” – this is going to be an interesting case! Worth taking a peek at over the next while as it unfolds.
– The WP Community Collective launches a nonprofit to fund individual contributors and community based initiatives (https://wptavern.com/the-wp-community-collective-launches-nonprofit-to-fund-individual-contributors-and-community-based-initiatives) – WP Community Collective has launched this, dedicating its funding to individual WordPress contributors and community led initiatives. This was founded by Se Reed, Katie Adams Farrell, and Courtney Robertson. This was created to address some of the challenges of contribution, where larger companies tend to have more resources to sponsor contributors, while individuals and smaller companies may struggle to balance their ability to volunteer with the need to make ends meet.
This is interesting, and hopefully it will stick around long term now that has been officially launched! Worth checking out to learn a bit more about it.
– Take the 2022 WordPress survey (https://wptavern.com/take-the-2022-wordpress-survey) – The 2022 Survey is now open to anyone using WordPress – from beginners to professional developers and everyone in between! This annual survey helps project leaders and contributors learn more about how and why the software is being used.
So if you have something to say, get on there and say it out loud and let the creators know what needs fixing/revamping/nothing at all!
– Shh! Self-Destructing Messages (https://blobfolio.com/shh/) – I thought this was kind of cool, a site dedicated to self destructing messages! This site is a free message sharing service that hides your message behind a unique, self-destructing link. The messages are encrypted and decrypted in the browser, making it impossible for them or anyone else to read the contents without the magic link. Very similar to Threema messaging app for phones and tablets, although this is for computers.
There is a full and in depth explanation on how their messaging service works, and since it is free you can test it out to see for yourself! Perfect for getting around nosy tech savvy teenagers to chat with your partner and family about what you want to get them for Christmas. ;)
…Our News Section really isn’t complete without ClassicPress News…
There is a new Blog Post available on the ClassicPress site!
New at ClassicPress: Security Release, GitHub Issue Templates, And More https://www.classicpress.net/new-at-classicpress-security-release-github-issue-templates-more/
ClassicPress has projects they are looking to have some support with. They have a page with these projects listed and who the contact is for the project. Check out the following page if you are using ClassicPress and are interested in helping them move forward! https://forums.classicpress.net/t/currently-active-projects/3630
They also have some petitions posted check them out!
…For some up to date news on ClassicPress check out the ClassicPress Blog.
…Here you will find news on tech in general, and some random things I think are pretty nifty! If you come across something you think should be added, send me a link at email@example.com
– Rackspace: ongoing exchange outage caused by security incident (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/rackspace-ongoing-exchange-outage-caused-by-security-incident/)
– European MRI study provides experimental evidence indicating our brains are quantum (https://thenextweb.com/news/european-mri-study-provides-experimental-evidence-indicating-the-human-brain-quantum)
– Google Chrome emergency update fixes 9th zero-day of the year (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-chrome-emergency-update-fixes-9th-zero-day-of-the-year/)
– Secere AMI MegaRAC flaws impact servers from AMD, ARM, HPE, Dell, others (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/severe-ami-megarac-flaws-impact-servers-from-amd-arm-hpe-dell-others/)
– If European SMEs are going to survive, they need tech now more than ever (https://thenextweb.com/news/if-european-smes-are-going-to-survive-they-need-tech-more-than-ever)
– OpenAI’s new ChatGPT bot: 10 coolest things you can do with it (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/openais-new-chatgpt-bot-10-coolest-things-you-can-do-with-it/)
– Android malware apps with 2 million installs spotted on Google Play (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/android-malware-apps-with-2-million-installs-spotted-on-google-play/)
– Hackers use new, fake crypto app to breach networks, steal cryptocurrency (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-use-new-fake-crypto-app-to-breach-networks-steal-cryptocurrency/)
…Some random entertainment in the World of WordPress!
…Matt’s Famous Quotes
…The hall of shame via Automattic:
Let’s have a peek at our Contests for this week…
Firstly we want to thank Simple Giveaways for being totally awesome and providing us with their Premium Version for our contests!
Secondly we want to thank Steve Goodtime & Brant Matthews for creating our amazing jingle we still use!!
And we want to thank Charlie for coming to our aid and rescue yet again with another fantastic contest!
Generally the contest only runs for 2 weeks, but for this one we are extending it for one more week! So hurry up and get your names in to win the prize of an unlimited lifetime license with WP Go Maps!!
This weeks contest is for: WP Go Maps Plugin!