It’s Episode 582 – We have plugins for Admin Speedo’s, Night Stars, Dino Games, Go Maps, Traffic Jammer, Lazy DMing… and ClassicPress options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
Get all the grisly Plugin details and full access to the complete show notes on our website WPPluginsAtoZ.com! You can follow the show on Twitter at @wppluginsatoz, and join our Facebook at WordPressPluginsA2Z for the latest in WordPress Plugin related news - some we come across in-between shows, and some we talk about on our weekly show.The WordPress Plugins A-Z Podcast can be found on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio and also on WordPress Radio. If you like what you hear on the show, we encourage you to share your enthusiasm with others that you know in the WordPress community and in social networks. Share on Twitter: WP Plugins A to Z The Only #WordPress #Plugins #Podcast Click To Tweet
Check Out The WP Plugins A to Z Live Show Playback
Benefits – Benefits – Benefits
Having a review done by us or having an interview helps the traffic to the developers website, as was bought to our attention recently when we did an interview and reviewed a plugin for a developer who sent us snap shots of their traffic before and after the shows. The traffic stayed, so there are great benefits to being reviewed by WP Plugins A to Z. Submit Your Plugin Here.
It’s Episode 582 and we have plugins for Admin Speedo’s, Night Stars, Dino Games, Go Maps, Traffic Jammer, Lazy DMing… and ClassicPress Options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
– ‘good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you happen to be hiding out there on the globe today! Coming to you LIVE from …’
Welcome to Episode 582 – Reaching for The Stars of WordPress Plugins – This is episode 42 for 2022! Are you ready the snow? It’s threatening its icy breath this next week over here on our little island, and I know it’s already falling on the mainland! Be sure to grab your warmest clothes, and keep those ears and hands covered!
A Message from your AtoZ Plugin Worker Bee’s – This is a Value for Value show, meaning any value you find here, offer that same value back! We accept all currencies including time and talent currency! Chocolate is always good too…
Remember, don’t skip the end of the show – you never know what kind of amazing life altering advice you might catch! Like how to fill your site as full of spam as possible…
A special note to our New Listeners: Don’t be shy to ask your questions. No such thing as a dumb question, Dumbo the elephant agrees!
…When you see this in the notes, this means we didn’t read this onto the show, and that the only way to find this information out is to read our Show Notes!
…You can send any questions/suggestions or notes saying ‘hi’ over to me at email@example.com, or hit up our site wpppluginsatoz.com/contact – Be creative with the title so that the spammer eater doesn’t eat your note though!
Let’s start the show with this weeks Featured Artist:
We are lacking in new art, so we went digging deep into the archives – and we found THIS beauty!
Loving the space vibe, kinda makes me think about John’s ship in FarScape. Very cool!
Feeling Inspired? Hit up our site at https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/ and submit some artwork of your own!
…We can NEVER have too much art!
Or check out allll the artwork at: https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/
Breaking News in the WordPress World at large!!
…If I missed something, shoot me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org – it may show up on the next show!
News this week:
– WordPress Vulnerability Report – November 23, 2022 (https://ithemes.com/blog/wordpress-vulnerability-report-november-23-2022/):
WordPress Core is dropping support for WordPress Versions 3.7 – 4.0, be aware of this.
There are quite a few Plugin Vulnerabilities this week, a lot of them well known:
ultimate Tables, WooSwipe WooCommerce Gallery, Image Hover Effects, Donation Button, Hello Print, Buddybadges, iFeature Slider. There are more, so be sure to check out the link in our shownotes.
– WordPress launches Developer Blog in Beta (https://wptavern.com/wordpress-launches-developer-blog-in-beta) – This is a blog just for the developers out there; it has gone into beta as of the end of last week, and the goal of this is to have developer-focused communications. This should hopefully help developers to stay on top of the new features coming into play, help developers to talk to one another, and hopefully will help to get information out there to help find and fix issues before they become too serious.
– Divi 5.0 aims to bring greater compatibility with Gutenberg (https://wptavern.com/divi-5-0-aims-to-bring-greater-compatibility-with-gutenberg) – Divi is a popular commercial WordPress theme and page builder created by Elegant Themes, and has announced that in their version 5.0 they will be having a complete rewrite of Divi’s core technologies. The update is expected to be released in beta next year, and is going to focus on performance, stability, scalability, and extendability – though is not introducing anything new. One of the most notable changes is that they will be migrating away from shortcodes, moving to a new JSON format that is more similar to Gutenberg stores data, thus making it more compatible.
– State of the Word 2022 will be livestreamed from New York City on December 15 (https://wptavern.com/state-of-the-word-2022-will-be-livestreamed-from-new-york-city-on-december-15) – The annual State of the Word (SOTW) address will be delivered in New York City this year in front of a live audience on December 15th. The format is similar to last year, though on a larger scale. The Q&A portiaon of the event will be handled via email for virtual participants, so if you have a question you can send in an email. You will find the information through the link in our shownotes.
– Europe wants to harness the power of the sun… from space (https://thenextweb.com/news/europe-esa-want-to-harness-power-of-sun-from-space) – This is a very interesting article explaining how Europe just might be able to harness the power of the sun from space! Essentially, they would use solar panels in space to absorb the energy, then beam it down to the solar panels on earth to charge Europe up. Very cool idea.
…Our News Section really isn’t complete without ClassicPress News…
A message from ClassicPress!
It may not seem that way, but the team actively works on ClassicPress and its related projects. You can track core development progress by visiting our GitHub repository or reading transcripts from our weekly core meetings.There is a new Blog Post available on the ClassicPress site!
New at ClassicPress: Security Release, GitHub Issue Templates, And Morehttps://www.classicpress.net/new-at-classicpress-security-release-github-issue-templates-more/
ClassicPress has projects they are looking to have some support with. They have a page with these projects listed and who the contact is for the project. Check out the following page if you are using ClassicPress and are interested in helping them move forward! https://forums.classicpress.net/t/currently-active-projects/3630
They also have some petitions posted check them out!
…For some up to date news on ClassicPress check out the ClassicPress Blog.
…Here you will find news on tech in general, and some random things I think are pretty nifty! If you come across something you think should be added, send me a link at email@example.com
– Researches detail AppSync Cross-Tenant Vulnerability in Amazon Web Services (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/researchers-detail-appsync-cross-tenant.html)
– Over a dozen new BMC Firmware flaws expost OT and IoT devices to remote attackers (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/over-dozen-new-bmc-firmware-flaws.html)
– Elon Musk confirms Twitter 2.0 will bring end-to-end encryption to direct messages (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/elon-musk-confirms-twitter-20-will.html)
– US bans Chinese Telecom equipment and surveillance cameras over national security risk (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/us-bans-chinese-telecom-equipment-and.html)
– Russia-based RansomBoggs ransomware targets several Ukrainian organizations (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/russia-based-ransomboggs-ransomware.html)
– Update Chrome Browser now to patch new actively exploited Zero-Day flaw (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/update-chrome-browser-now-to-patch-new.html)
– Dell, HP, and Lenobo devices found using outdated OpenSSL versions (https://thehackernews.com/2022/11/dell-hp-and-lenovo-devices-found-using.html)
– 5.4 million Twitter users’ stolen data leaked online – more shared privately (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/54-million-twitter-users-stolen-data-leaked-online-more-shared-privately/)
– New Windows Server updates cause domain controller freezes restarts (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/new-windows-server-updates-cause-domain-controller-freezes-restarts/)
– Google pushes emergency Chrome update to fix 8th zero-day in 2022 (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-pushes-emergency-chrome-update-to-fix-8th-zero-day-in-2022/)
…Some random entertainment in the World of WordPress!
…Matt’s Famous Quotes
…The hall of shame via Automattic:
Let’s have a peek at our Contests for this week…
Firstly we want to thank Simple Giveaways for being totally awesome and providing us with their Premium Version for our contests!
Secondly we want to thank Steve Goodtime & Brant Matthews for creating our amazing jingle we still use!!
And we want to thank Charlie for coming to our aid and rescue yet again with another fantastic contest!
Our winner for the Umbrella WP: Josef – be sure to check your email for further instructions!
Remember, there will be 2 more chances, to enter and win a Breakdance License! Keep listening to find out when!
This weeks contest is for: WP Go Maps Plugin!