[bctt tweet=””Episode 581 and we’ve got plugins for AI Preloader, Estimated Delivery Date Per Product For Woocommerce, Widget Speed Test for Elementor, Temporary Access, Magic robots.txt, Inactive Logout… and ClassicPress options. @atikul92, @techies23 Email Downloads, Subscribe to Comments #ClassicPress #WordPress #Plugins ” username=”wppluginsatoz”]
It’s Episode 581 – We have plugins for Preloading AI, Estimated Date, Speedy Widgets, Temp Accessing, Magic Bots, Auto Logout… and ClassicPress options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
Get all the grisly Plugin details and full access to the complete show notes on our website WPPluginsAtoZ.com! You can follow the show on Twitter at @wppluginsatoz, and join our Facebook at WordPressPluginsA2Z for the latest in WordPress Plugin related news - some we come across in-between shows, and some we talk about on our weekly show.The WordPress Plugins A-Z Podcast can be found on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio and also on WordPress Radio. If you like what you hear on the show, we encourage you to share your enthusiasm with others that you know in the WordPress community and in social networks. Share on Twitter: [bctt tweet="WP Plugins A to Z The Only #WordPress #Plugins #Podcast " username="wppluginsatoz"] [dropshadowbox align="center" width="88%" background_color="#ffffff" border_width="3" border_color="#3a5d3b"]
Self PromotionWhile I do enjoy bringing you the show week after week, I also make my living with WordPress and related promotional services. With that, I ask for a moment of your time for some self promotion. If you find these promotions of value, please share them with friends and colleagues.
Promotions from John Overall:
Has your WordPress site broken? Do you have a question or two about its functionality? Have you recieved the white screen of death? This may be time for some Emergency WordPress Support. Contact me at WPPro.ca/help or give me a quick call at 818-850-7729.
Check Out The WP Plugins A to Z Live Show Playback
Benefits – Benefits – Benefits
Having a review done by us or having an interview helps the traffic to the developers website, as was bought to our attention recently when we did an interview and reviewed a plugin for a developer who sent us snap shots of their traffic before and after the shows. The traffic stayed, so there are great benefits to being reviewed by WP Plugins A to Z. Submit Your Plugin Here.
It’s Episode 581 and we have plugins for Preloading AI, Estimated Date, Speedy Widgets, Temp Accessing, Magic Bots, Auto Logout… and ClassicPress Options. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
– ‘good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you happen to be hiding out there on the globe today! Coming to you LIVE from …’
Welcome to Episode 581 – Feel The Force of WordPress Plugins – This is episode 41 for 2022, and Jack Frost is having a blast out there! At least he is round abouts here – be sure to pull out your warm stuff and keep it ready for the mornings especially!
A Message from your AtoZ Plugin Worker Bee’s – This is a Value for Value show, meaning any value you find here, offer that same value back! We accept all currencies including time and talent currency! Chocolate is always good too…
Remember, don’t skip the end of the show – you never know what kind of amazing life altering advice you might catch! Like how to fill your site as full of spam as possible…
A special note to our New Listeners: Don’t be shy to ask your questions. No such thing as a dumb question, Dumbo the elephant agrees!
…When you see this in the notes, this means we didn’t read this onto the show, and that the only way to find this information out is to read our Show Notes!
…You can send any questions/suggestions or notes saying ‘hi’ over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit up our site wpppluginsatoz.com/contact – Be creative with the title so that the spammer eater doesn’t eat your note though!
Let’s start the show with this weeks Featured Artist:
We are lacking in new art, so we went digging deep into the archives – we have no idea who made this freaking AWESOME art piece, though it totally tugs on my heartstrings since I am both a Star Trek and a Star Wars fan. Not many of us out there I know, but we do exist!!
Feeling Inspired? Hit up our site at https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/ and submit some artwork of your own!
…We can NEVER have too much art!
Or check out allll the artwork at: https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/
Breaking News in the WordPress World at large!!
…If I missed something, shoot me a link at email@example.com – it may show up on the next show!
News this week:
– WordPress Vulnerability Report – November 16, 2022 (https://ithemes.com/blog/wordpress-vulnerability-report-november-16-2022/) – First up, WordPress Core is dropping support for WordPress Versions 3.7-4.0. If this will affect your site, you can follow this link here in our show notes.
There was a WordPress Theme Vulnerability, though it has been fixed – be sure to update Wordreap – Freelance Marketplace and Directory if you or your clients use it.
There is a fairly decently long list of Plugins to pay attention to, you can follow the link in the show notes to see them all, though the few I recognize are: Photospace Gallery, 3DPrint, WP Page Builder, Simple Video Embedder, and Advanced WP Columns.
– WordPress to explore using GitHub Codespaces for improving contributor experience (https://wptavern.com/wordpress-to-explore-using-github-codespaces-for-improving-contributor-experience) – I think that this is a fantastic idea! GitHub is already used by soooo many developers, and the codespaces is really useful! WordPress lead developer Helen Hou-Sandi is looking to make WordPress/WordPress-develop usable in GitHub Codespaces in hopes that it will get more folks to get started with contributing to core on Contributor Day.
– Meetup.com raises concerns with New Accessibility Overlay (https://wptavern.com/meetup-com-raises-concerns-with-new-accessibility-overlay) – So the issue is that Meetup.com added an overlay for accessibility options. This is a quick fix solution, though it tends to scare away users… because WordPress Community Team uses Meetup to organize local and virtual meetups, this is becoming an issue. The users are requesting to find alternatives, and though Meetup did take the overlay down after complaints, it went back up the next day. This could very well mean that Meetup may be binned after years of use if they don’t figure out something soon I think!
– Jetpack search adds Free Tier and 3-month free trial (https://wptavern.com/jetpack-search-adds-free-tier-and-3-month-free-trial) – This is exciting news for people who like and use Jetpack – this option was only previously available as a paid upgrade until now! It seems that the reason for this is because the user base hasn’t grown beyond a couple hundred active installs this last year. The new free tier and the free trials are a way of trying to gain access to new and excited users.
– WordPress.com adds support for new pocket casts block (https://wptavern.com/wordpress-com-adds-support-for-new-pocket-casts-block) – So this is a new addition to its library of blocks. This one helps to make it easier to embed any show or episode in the WordPress editor, or specific episodes via URL. This is an awesome thing, since this is designed (targeted at really) podcaster’s. Could be very useful down the road.
– WordCamp Asia 2023 announces speakers, unveils Wapuu Mascot (https://wptavern.com/wordcamp-asia-2023-announces-speakers-unveils-wapuu-mascot) – For those who can never wait to hear all about the WordCamps, this is a quick overview of everything you can look forward to for the 2023 WordCamp in Asia! Also, their mascot looks kind of like a fuzzy Pikachu I think – very cute! If you are interested in learning more, feel free to browse the link in the show notes!
– Meta takes new AI system offline because Twitter users are mean (https://thenextweb.com/news/meta-takes-new-ai-system-offline-because-twitter-users-mean) – This is a fantastic article written through a real experience of Tristan Greene as he tested Galactica’s strengths/weaknesses. It turned into a bit of a twitter war, which he of course documented – it’s really quite an entertaining -and enlightening – article!
…Our News Section really isn’t complete without ClassicPress News…
A message from ClassicPress!
It may not seem that way, but the team actively works on ClassicPress and its related projects. You can track core development progress by visiting our GitHub repository or reading transcripts from our weekly core meetings.There is a new Blog Post available on the ClassicPress site!
New at ClassicPress: Security Release, GitHub Issue Templates, And Morehttps://www.classicpress.net/new-at-classicpress-security-release-github-issue-templates-more/
ClassicPress has projects they are looking to have some support with. They have a page with these projects listed and who the contact is for the project. Check out the following page if you are using ClassicPress and are interested in helping them move forward! https://forums.classicpress.net/t/currently-active-projects/3630
They also have some petitions posted check them out!
…For some up to date news on ClassicPress check out the ClassicPress Blog.
…Here you will find news on tech in general, and some random things I think are pretty nifty! If you come across something you think should be added, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org
– 8 foolproof ways to clutter up your mac (https://thenextweb.com/news/8-foolproof-ways-to-clutter-up-apple-mac)
– New ransomware encrypts files, then steals your Discord Account (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-ransomware-encrypts-files-then-steals-your-discord-account/)
– New attacks use Windows security bypass zero-day to drop malware (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-attacks-use-windows-security-bypass-zero-day-to-drop-malware/)
– Yes, staging can be a pain – but here’s why you shouldn’t skip it (https://thenextweb.com/news/staging-pain-why-you-shouldnt-skip-it)
– Exploid released for actively abused ProxyNotShell Exchange bug (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/exploit-released-for-actively-abused-proxynotshell-exchange-bug/)
– Chinese hackers use Google Drive to drop malware on govt networks (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/chinese-hackers-use-google-drive-to-drop-malware-on-govt-networks/)
– Google Search results poisoned with torrent sites via Data Studio (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-search-results-poisoned-with-torrent-sites-via-data-studio/)
– Atlassian fixes critical command injection bug in Bitbucket Server (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/atlassian-fixes-critical-command-injection-bug-in-bitbucket-server/)
– Phishing kit impersonates well-known brands to target US shoppers (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/phishing-kit-impersonates-well-known-brands-to-target-us-shoppers/)
– Microsoft fixes Windows Kerberos auth issues in emergency updates (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-fixes-windows-kerberos-auth-issues-in-emergency-updates/)
…Some random entertainment in the World of WordPress!
…Matt’s Famous Quotes
…The hall of shame via Automattic:
Let’s have a peek at our Contests for this week…
Firstly we want to thank Simple Giveaways for being totally awesome and providing us with their Premium Version for our contests!
Secondly we want to thank Steve Goodtime & Brant Matthews for creating our amazing jingle we still use!!
And we want to thank Charlie for coming to our aid and rescue yet again with another fantastic contest!
Our winner for the Umbrella WP: Josef – be sure to check your email for further instructions!
Remember, there will be 2 more chances, to enter and win a Breakdance License! Keep listening to find out when!
Our new contest is for: WP Go Maps Plugin!