It’s Episode 276 and we’ve got plugins for keeping track of post creation times, Quizzes, Facebook Live Video, Site Notificiations and a Reviews Plugin that will have you seeing stars in Google. It’s all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
[fundraiser_panel id=”5227″ style=”wdf-fresh” show_title=”yes”]
Get all the show notes and plugin details on the show web site at WPPluginsAtoZ.com. Follow the show on Twitter at @wppluginsatoz for the latest WordPress plugin related news we come across in-between shows.The WordPress Plugins A-Z Podcast can be found on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and also on WordPress Radio. If you like what you hear on the show, we encourage you to share your enthusiasm with others that you know in the WordPress community and in social networks. Share on Twitter. WP Plugins A to Z The Only #WordPress #Plugins #Podcast Click To Tweet
Thank Our Donors
WordPress News and other interesting WordPress related posts:
10 Common WordPress Mistakes Agencies and Their Clients Make (and How to Fix Them)
While WordPress is an incredible CMS, mistakes are commonly made – it’s only human! But when you’re a digital agency or content creator working on WordPress projects, one mistake could have a huge impact on you and your business. Lisa Box, Vice President of Strategic Alliances at WP Engine highlights common WordPress blunders and suggests how to avoid them
Whether you’re a digital agency working on WordPress projects or a content creator, be sure to read this list of common WordPress blunders so you can become a WordPress wizard and keep your clients happy with publishing agility.
1. Installing too many plugins
2. Not optimizing content for SEO Read original article here…. martechadvisor.com
12 Frustrating Things About WordPress & How to Make Them Go Away
Make no mistake: WordPress is an awesome CMS. But nothing is 100% perfect. There are always going to be frustrating things about WordPress, even for hardcore fans like us. That’s why WordPress has been designed to be incredibly extendable with themes, plugins, code snippets, and more. Because of this, there is almost always a great fix for any little annoyance. Which is what we’d like to highlight in today’s post. We’ve listed twelve things that frustrate people about WordPress and the solutions that make those annoyances go away.
Below you will find the most common issues WordPress users encounter within the platform. If you’re tired of running into them, we’d urge you to give these solutions a try.
Poorly coded plugins also pose a problem for WordPress sites. Since plugins are meant to add an extra layer of “something” to your website, it would be a shame to install one only to discover that it’s creating more issues than it’s solving. For instance, plugins can: Read original article here…. elegantthemes.com
Listener Feedback / Audio Clips
Thank you for all of your work on the show. One question for you:
1. I am trying to create a website that is a collection of useful links. I would like to create a form where users can subit their own links to be added to my site. Is there a form plugin I can use where for each of the form fields that a user submits, the entries are then automatically added to custom fields of a new custom post type.For example, if someone submits a new link to my website, they might enter the web URL of a given article, then in another field, type in the title of that article, and then in another field of the form, enter a short description of the article. When the user hits ‘submit’, I would like to be able to review their submission, and then once I accept it, have each of their fields automatically create a new custom post type entry, and have the different form fields populate custom fields within that custom post type.Is there a plugin that can do this?Again, thank you for all of the work that you do every single week.
**WordPress Plugins Reviewed by John Overall**
- Version: 1.3
- Author: underDEV
- Last Updated: 22 hours ago
- Requires WordPress Version: 3.6 or higher
- Compatible up to: 4.6.1
- Active Installs: 50+
- WordPress.org Plugin Page »
ACF Theme Code Pro
**WordPress Plugins Reviewed by Marcus Couch**
Get Your Daily dose of WordPress News from the WPPlugins Daily over at WPNews.wpmedic.ca
Rate us at iTunes, blubrry.com, ViaWay.com, Stitcher Radio and any place else you find us.
Interact with your Hosts
John can be contacted at:
WordPress Emergency Support: https://wppro.ca/wpemergency
Marcus can be contacted at:
Website: Marcus Couch Home Page
Website: Daily Plugin